Darrell Sedgwick has lived in Florida since 1969, when he arrived from Bangkok, Thailand, where he attended the International School Bangkok. He graduated high school from Plant High School in Tampa, Florida. He attended the University of South Florida in Tampa and the University of Stockholm in Sweden as part of his education, where he learned to speak Swedish fluently. He graduated college from the University of West Florida in Pensacola, where he received a Bachelors of Science of Business Administration. He then attended law school at the University of Miami School of Law, passing the Florida Bar Exam shortly afterwards.
Upon being admitted to the Florida Bar, Darrell practiced criminal defense with the Office of the Public Defender of the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, Brevard County, Florida for four years and during that period, he handled numerous jury trials including sex crimes, battery and domestic violence, drug offenses, alcohol related crimes and various traffic and misdemeanor actions.
Darrell joined Morgan & Barbary in 2007 and has been working as a lead criminal defense trial attorney since that time handling every nature of alleged criminal offense. He is a member in good standing of the Florida Bar licensed to practice in all Florida state courts as well as United States Federal Court Middle District of Florida.
Areas of Practice
- 90% Criminal Defense (including Violation of Probation)
- 10% Injunctions Against Domestic Violence
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 2002
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida; Juris Doctorate
- University of West Florida, Pensacola, Florida, 1998, Major: Business Administration
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the Public Defender, 18th Judicial Circuit, Assistant Public Defender, 2002 – 2006